aurora publishes creative visual art, poetry, hybrid pieces, and original translations of poetry with a focus on feminism and nature writing. we accept submissions on a rolling basis.
Please send up to 5 pages of poetry. Begin a new poem at the start of each page, unless the poem does not require page breaks. Optionally, include an audio recording of the poem.
Please send up to 5 pages international poetry translated into English, along with the original piece and citation of the source (limit of 10 pages counting the original piece). Optionally, include an audio recording of the original text.
Please send up to 5 pieces of your adventurous illustrations, paintings, photography and digital media.
- All written submissions must be sent via email to email@example.com as a Microsoft document file (.doc, .docx). The subject headline should include your submission genre and your name: GENRE-Submitter Name (e.g. POETRY-Maria Del Pueblo).
- All art submissions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject headline should include your submission genre and your name: GENRE-Submitter Name (e.g ART-Maria Del Pueblo).
- Please note that aurora takes first publication rights of accepted pieces and may also reprint work or excerpts on our website and social media for the purpose of publicizing the magazine. All submissions must include a statement granting us these permissions to publish your work(s), and a brief biography by the contributor (written in third-person with your specified pronouns, 100 word limit) in the body of the email.
- We accept multiple submissions, but please send them in different emails. For example: one email for art, one email for translations, etc.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if one of your pieces is accepted for publication elsewhere so we can congratulate you and withdraw the piece from our submission pool.
thank you for your interest in our journal. we are eagerly waiting to discover your work!
note: at the moment, we cannot pay contributors 😔 we hope that with your support we will be able to in the future 🌷